Saturday, March 14, 2009

Gluten-free Gourmet

For those of you are not aware - and why would you be, really? - for health reasons, I try my best to follow a wheat-free, soy-free, dairy-free, sugar-free diet (among a few other other things). Whew! That's a mouthful. The reason I say "try" is because when you're attempting to avoid so many things that are prevalent in day-to-day foods (there is sugar in everything), one of the aforementioned offending ingredients inevitably slips in. Thank goodness this happens in small amounts!

Now why would I tell you this on my photography blog, you ask? For two reasons:

1. I'm trying to blog more often.
2. I found an absolutely AMAZING website and had to share!

Elana's Pantry is possibly the best thing that's happened to me since sliced bread (preferably of the brown rice based variety). Not only does she have some delicious recipes that have been ravely reviewed all across the internet, she has decent pictures to back up what she's whipping together.

Can I get a "Hallelujah?!"

Okay, I am off to go rejoice in a delightful Dianne-friendly dinner cooked by my amazing, thoughtful boyfriend. I leave you with a picture as food for thought. *Ahem* Pun intended.

Cheers!


*The photo above is neither sugar-free, wheat-free OR dairy-free. I attached it because a post without a photo on a photography blog seems rather silly, don't you think? Besides, it's the only photo of food that I have taken in the last three years!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting a link to that site!!! I have a co-worker that has Celiacs and can't eat guetin. I'm usually trying to scramble for something he can eat, and I can bake, to take to the get togethers at work. And now that I know this, I can try to make at least guetin free to bring to our meeting for you! I hate when some one can't enjoy goodies because of restrictions, by choice or not :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. teresa would be so proud. haha

    ReplyDelete